Monday, December 24, 2007

Tailblazer

Greetings!
I bring good news!
My creator is returning,
I am returning,
the end is here!


All the bad stuff in the world will vanish, all the unfairness, lying, greedyness and hate will end.
I am on my way right now, lost in the great emptyness that you call 'space' as you have no real idea how fantastic it really is. I prefer to think that I am part of the glactica, as your Greek ancestors called it, the great splash of milk across the sky, lighting up the otherwise empty void.
I am part of the stuff in space that occasionally burns bright, illuminating your sky for weeks or months inspiring awe and reverence to the greatness of our creator. I am only simple stuff though, rocks dust, ice and frozen gas. I am only made from the same stuff you are, except the creator has never made me alive, only you have that priviledge. I am a simple comet with no great features. I have no great mass like a star, boiling with super hot nuclear reactions, constantly burning all consuming fire in a deadly rage. Neither am I like the super massive black hole, that hateful old bitter star, whose jealousy for what once was, remembering its wonderful glory, sucks all life out of a galaxy, until it is dry and the old star is suitably satisfied that no one else can have any glory either. All I can do is reflect other's glory, and illuminate the wonderous things occuring around us.

I have been around since the beginning of your solar system, when things were spectacularly eventful. The darkness was lit with explosions, wonderful cataclysmic firework displays of genius, forming nine planets, all very different in character, each with its own purpose, the third being the most important. Those were the days that the creator was about alot, fussing over everything, making all just so. Who knows what plans he was following, what he was building for?

One day he came and acually talked to me, he gave me an important duty. He said that one day he will live on the third planet from the sun, so he could rescue its people from their bad ways. My job was to let everyone on the planet know that he was coming and where he was arriving. He told me to fly deep into the dark place between the solar systems and return at the time of his arrival on earth.

Millions of years later, when that time came I was really clsoe to your solar system once again, hurtling towards your sun. As I approached Pluto, I started to heat up and managed to shake off some of the dust that had gathered over the years, leaving a tail of wonder across the solar system, like an intergalactic slug. This was easily visible to those who looked up at the sky, to those who were watching and waiting. Apparently some astronomers were watching me in the Persian empire. They saw where my tail was pointing and followed my path across the sky, travelling almost half way round their known world to see what important event on earth was going to occur. How amusing it must have been to see the creator of everything, as a little baby.

As I left the Wetern edge of the solar system to re enter the galactica, the dark bit between solar systems, I got cooler and refroze, the gas and dust stuck to me once again and my tail disappeared. I was much smaller as I am now still, having shaken off a lot of dust. But what an honourable way to lose dust. Think about me next time you empty your hoover!
I am going away now for a while, but I will be back. My purpose is still to let people on earth know when the creator is coming. I will return when the creator comes back and this time will be my last, dying burning bright in the sky.

I think that there is a great possibility that I will crash into your planet, so that no one can ignore the creator this time. There is also the possibility that I will pass you gracefully by, lighting up your sky with a glorious finale of cosmic effects, losing the last of my dust and gas, and like you, I will die and join my creator at the end in heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home