Thursday, October 27, 2005

Lookalikes


As I was on the train today, I noticed several people that I thought I recognised but at a second glance, did not look anything like the person I thought they were. This made me think about lookalikes and impressionists. One makes an effort to look like a famous person, either naturally gifted with similar physical characteristics, the other sounds and charicatures like the famous person, generally more successfully than the look alike. Every time someone becomes remotely famous, lookalike agencies must fill up with applicants to emulate the new famous personality. As there are over 6 billion people in the world, there must be several people with a similar face to you, at least according to other people.
Many papers have look alike competitions in their satire pages. Papers like The Sun ask readers to send pictures of themselves in. Other more conservative, less exhibitionist papers like The Times run look alike competitions comparing celebrities, as the readers are far too modest to include themselves in the competition.
So I thought that I could step out and reverse the competition concept, to see if people recognise me and find out if there are any 'me' lookalikes out there. Its not a competition, as there is not prize except competitive satisfaction.
Just glance at my photo and see if I look like anyone you know then tell me via the comments option. I don't have to look particularly like the person as this doesn't stop most look alikes.

1 Comments:

At 12/03/2005 2:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

George Bush!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home